Team Support Assistant – Proceeds of Crime Department (POCA)
Salary Range: circa £17,000 per annum
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 37 hours between 8:30am and 5:30pm (full time permanent)
Description: An opportunity has arisen for a Team Support Assistant to work with our POCA team who form part of our Crime, Fraud and Regulatory Department.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic to work within this specialist team.
A Law Graduate would be preferable but not essential – the essential criteria we are looking for are as follows:-
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good administrative and typing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to think independently, and work independently under supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
The work will include but is not limited to:-
- Perform administrative duties including post, file management and routine tasks for fee earners in the department.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements. Maintain schedules and calendars.
- Take, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Use various software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Proclaim Case Management (training will be given for this) to prepare, produce and manage correspondence, documents, file notes, and reports.
- Communicate with clients, prosecuting authorities, expert agencies, and police
Experience working within a law firm is desirable but not essential.
Please forward CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 5th March 2020.
Job Ref: LB/TSA/02-20
An opportunity has arisen to join our Central Services Team as Full-Time Receptionist.
Standard hours would be 39 hours weekly (Mon-Thurs: 8.30am-5.30pm, Fri 8.30am-5.00pm)
Salary: Up to £18,500 dependent upon experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling incoming client calls and transferring accordingly
- Providing an efficient and professional front of house service
- Management and presentation of reception area, meeting rooms and kitchen area
- Maintaining meeting room bookings, arranging telephone conferences, seminars and presentations, and any catering requirements for meetings
- Booking travel and accommodation when required
- Assisting with general facilities for the firm including ordering and managing refreshment and housekeeping supplies
- Arrange car parking for visitors and staff
- Archive file management
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience as a Receptionist within a professional environment and the ability to act as the face of the company for visitors and callers and should possess the following:
- Initiative, enthusiasm and good organisational skills
- Experience of a multi-line switchboard
- Polite, cheerful personality and first-class customer service both face to face and over the phone
- Great teamwork and a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task whilst maintaining a high level of work accuracy and attention to detail
- Some knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th March 2020 (Quote Ref: CS/SD 02-20)
Please note that due to the amount of responses we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to give feedback to individuals. If you have not heard back within 2 weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been successful for this role.