We have a new vacancy for a Paralegal in our Debt Litigation Department which would suit an enthusiastic Law Graduate keen to pursue a career in litigation.
The successful candidate will be an energetic performer with good organisational skills, able to deal with multiple tasks and who can work well with others to become an intrinsic member of our busy, friendly team based in Leeds City Centre.
The role of Debt Litigation Paralegal will primarily involve managing a caseload of litigated defended actions in a range of commercial debt recovery actions, with an emphasis on Consumer Credit collections. A large part of the role will be telephone based whereby you will deal with enquiries from Defendants and be expected to negotiate settlement where applicable, and taking telephone calls from clients to advise them on the progress of their case.
You will also be expected to review and prepare Court documents in anticipation of Court hearings, including drafting standard Court Forms and correspondence to the Courts, Clients, and the Defendants. You will have an ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment demonstrating success at reducing aged debts and improving metrics. A proactive, clear thinker and self-starter with a positive can-do attitude will fit in well to the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual with excellent career development that will give great exposure to solid litigation and help build your knowledge in this progressive area.
The starting salary for this role will be circa £18k per annum This is a full time, permanent position with a working pattern of 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply for this position, please send CV and introductory letter to ‘email@example.com‘ using the subject header: ‘HC-Para-0121w’
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2021.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Central Services Team as Full-Time Reception/Admin Assistant. This is a multi-faceted role within a small team of three who act as a central hub performing services for our colleagues across 6 legal departments
Standard hours would be 37 hours weekly
Salary: Up to £17,000
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling incoming client calls and transferring accordingly or taking accurate messages
- Processing incoming and outgoing post
- Liaise with internal and external contacts and agencies
- Management and presentation of reception area and meeting rooms, including arranging telephone conferences, seminars and presentations, and any catering requirements for meetingsBooking travel and accommodation when required
- Assisting with general facilities for the firm including ordering and managing stationery, housekeeping supplies etc
- Photocopying/volume document scanning
- Arrange car parking for visitors and staff
- Archive file management
The ideal candidate will have a confident telephone manner and have previous experience of reception work within a professional environment, as well as being able to carry out routine daily admin tasks. The following attributes are also required:
- A polite, cheerful personality and first-class customer service both face to face and over the phone
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and good organisational skills
- Great teamwork and a strong work ethic
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining a high level of work accuracy and attention to detail
- Some knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 31/12/2020 (Quote Ref: BG/SD 12/2020)
Please note that due to the number of responses we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to give feedback to individuals. If you have not heard back within 2 weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been successful for this role.