Supermarket and shop accident claims. If you have had an accident in a supermarket or in your local shops you may be entitled to claim compensation.
Your accident may have been the result of:
- a slippery or wet floor where spilled foodstuff hasn’t been properly cleaned up
- a slippery or wet floor where there has been inadequate cleaning
- a poorly assembled display may have crashed down on you
- a cardboard box may have been left in an aisle causing you to stumble.
- electrical cables left in your path causing you to trip or fall
Whatever the cause of your accident you have a right not to be injured while on the premises as a lawful visitor. This applies regardless of whether you are a shopper or an employee
Claiming for supermarket and shop accident claims
The shop owners have a duty to ensure your safety while you are there and if that duty is breached you can look to recover compensation for your injuries and losses resulting from that accident.
The duty owed to you is not absolute; the common duty of care is a duty to take such care as in all the circumstances of the case is reasonable to see that the visitor will be reasonably safe in using the premises for the purposes for which he is invited or permitted by the occupier to be there.
This may seem quite straightforward forward but ‘reasonable’ is a term that is open to interpretation. You will need a good lawyer who understands this area of law to ensure any chance of a successful outcome.
Cohen Cramer Solicitors have the expertise and knowledge to make sure that you receive the compensation that you are due.
What can you claim?
As well as claiming damages for your injuries (known as General Damages) we will also look to recover any financial losses that may arise from your accident:
This can include:
- lost income as a result of the need to have time off work for recovery.
- lost income as a result of time off work fo any treatment you may need
- treatment and medication costs such as physiotherapy and prescription charges
- damaged clothing and property
- care and assistance given by family and friends even if given freely and without payment
We can deal with your claim on a ‘No Win – No Fee’ basis, this means that if your claim fails you won’t have to pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.
To get your claim started or to have a chat to see what we can do to help, get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 7804
- email: email@example.com
- pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you