Restaurant Accident Claims

Restaurant accident claim. If you have sustained injury and loss as a result of an accident while in a restaurant or public house we can help you claim compensation. You may have tripped over a fitting or slipped on a spillage. Whatever the cause we can help.

We have the knowledge and expertise to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve and to which you are entitled.

Your claim can, subject to our terms and conditions, be dealt with on a no win-no fee basis. This means there is no financial risk to you if your claim fails.

What can you recover in a restaurant accident claim?

Accidents can occur due to spilled food or cooking materials, raised carpet edges, or wet floors; whatever the cause we can help.

We will look to recover an award not only for your injuries but also for all and any financial losses that you may incur.

Your financial losses can include:

  • Damage or loss of personal property such as clothing, mobile phones, etc.
  • Loss of income as a result of time away from work to recover, or for treatment
  • The cost of any medication or treatment that you may require. It doesn’t matter if the treatment is available on the NHS you can still recover the cost of private treatment from the defendant’s insurers.
  • Professional care costs if required.
  • Care received from family and friends. If your injuries are severe enough to require help from non-professionals you can recover compensation for the help received regardless of the fact that you have not paid for it. This is known as ‘gratuitous care’ and can be an important part of your claim if your injuries leave you incapacitated for any length of time
  • Travel costs incurred for treatment or examinations
  • Prejudice on the job market if your injuries are so severe so as to put you at a disadvantage if you need to find another job at some time in the future; this is known as a ‘Smith v Manchester’ Award
  • Adjustments and improvements to your home and car if required as a result of the severity of your injuries.

You have three years from the date of the accident (your 21st birthday if the accident occurred before you were 18) to start court proceedings. The sooner you bring your claim the better. Evidence can disappear and witnesses’ recollections of the event can fade causing problems when you do bring your claim.

Start your claim today:

To get your claim started and to see how we can help you get in touch with us today.

  • Call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7830
  • Email:
  • Pop your details in the contact box below and we will get straight back to you

For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve