Needlestick Injury Claims. If you have sustained a needlestick, syringe, or other sharps-related injuries we can help. We have the knowledge and expertise to deal with your needlestick injury claim and to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
We will claim for the stress and worry caused by having to wait for the results of your blood tests as well as any infection or blood-borne virus (bbv) you may have picked up from the needle.
To see how we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve, get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 7830 or 07793 812361(24 hours)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pop your contact details in the contact box on this page and we will get straight back to you.
We have many years of experience in dealing with needlestick-type claims and have the expertise and knowledge to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Who can make a needlestick injury at work claim?
Anyone who has sustained a needlestick injury as a result of the negligence of another party, known or unknown, can make a claim.
The following groups are most likely to have a needlestick injury:
- Nurses, care workers, and dental staff
- Contract cleaners and Council workers
- Hospital patients and visitors
Needlestick injuries can also occur in:
- Hotels or other rented accommodation
Regardless of where your accident occurs as a victim of a needlestick injury, you can look to claim for:
- compensation for your injuries – both physical and mental; you don’t need to have a full-blown psychological condition to claim compensation. You are entitled to claim for the stress and worry resulting from the incident
- distress and upset caused by any required treatment such as Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- loss of income for any time from work for treatment or recovery
- gratuitous care provided by friends and family
- all and any other financial losses arising from the accident
How will my needlestick injury claim be handled?
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win – No Fee basis so you won’t have to worry about how your claim will be funded. If your claim fails you don’t pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.
We will bring your claim against the employer of the party that caused your accident. If the incident happened at your place of work then the claim will be against your employers for allowing the incident to occur. This is known as vicarious liability and allows you to bring a claim without having to identify the individual who discarded the needle in such a dangerous manner.
How much can I claim?
The value of your needlestick claim will depend very much on how the incident affects you and impacts on your life. You don’t need to develop an infection or disease; your claim can be based solely on the mental trauma and stress that can result from such an incident.
You may be required to undergo Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) as a result of the incident. PEP is used as prevention against infection from HIV but can have unpleasant side-effects. If PEP is required we will claim an increased compensation level for the additional discomfort that can result from such treatment.
While every case is different the average level of award for a needlestick injury where there is no infection is in the region of £2000-£2500.00.
What will it cost to make my claim?
Your needlestick claim can deal with on a No Win-No Fee basis. This means that if your claim fails you don’t pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.
There are no upfront fees to pay. Once we have gone through with you and explained how your claim will be funded, if you are happy to proceed, our agent will visit to collect the signed documentation from you.
How do I start my needlestick claim?
To get your claim started and receive the expert advice you need for your needlestick claim, get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 78304
- email: email@example.com
- pop your contact details in the contact box on this page and we will get straight back to you
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve.