Nail Salon Claim. Nail salons are unregulated in the United Kingdom, and mistakes and injuries can arise from practitioners being untrained, unqualified, or not taking correct steps with regard to proper procedure and hygiene. If you have suffered injury as a result of poor and negligent service while visiting a nail salon or spa and want to make a nail salon claim Cohen Cramer can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Common injuries include:
- infections caused by equipment that has not been properly cleaned before and after use;
- badly fitted nails that lift from the nail so that bacterial growth can develop under the nail extension;
- cuts to the cuticles (the skin surrounding the nail) resulting in an infection;
- allergic reactions to the chemicals/glue used due to a lack of patch testing.
One of the main problems is that a lot of salons, as well as having poorly trained and unqualified staff, use acrylic products that contain methyl methacrylate (MMA).
MMA is a substance that has its origins in dental and bone work but is wholly unsuitable for use in manicures and has been linked with a number of serious conditions. It is not in itself hazardous just unsuitable for false nails as it does not adhere well to the true nail and so the ‘technician’ is required to roughen up the natural nail to allow adherence resulting in damaged and thin nails. Furthermore, the false nail made from MMA sets rock hard causing problems when removed.
If you feel that you may have a claim for a negligent nail treatment or removal get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 7830
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- enter your contact details in the box at the bottom of the page and we will get straight back to you.
- request a callback at your convenience
Your nail salon claim can be dealt with on a no win-no fee basis so that, if your claim is not successful, you won’t pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.
Making a nail salon claim
If you feel that, as a result of poor service you have sustained an injury then call us today; you can speak to a lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to give you the clear, expert advice you need.
We will talk you through your options and how we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.
The main part of your claim will be based upon the pain and suffering that can result from a fungal infection or similar as well as any long-term impact this may have on your health and wellbeing.
In addition to claiming compensation for your injury, pain, and suffering we would look to recover:
- the cost of any treatment/follow-up work required as a result of the negligent procedure
- the cost of the original procedure causing your problems
- time off work for recovery and/or treatment
- all and any other financial losses resulting from the incident.
What will cost to make a nail salon claim?
If we can help you with your claim we can do it on a no win-no fee basis so that if your claim is not successful then you won’t have to pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.
Starting your claim for damaged nails
We would recommend that you take the following steps if affected by poor treatment at a nail salon or spa:
- take clear and dated pictures of the affected area; you may want to do this over a period of time to show development and recovery
- seek medical assistance from your doctor or hospital depending on the severity of your injuries
- seek expert and experienced legal advice from solicitors today: