Claim for Lack of PPE

Claim for lack of PPE: You can claim compensation and damages if you have had an accident and suffered injury and loss as a result of your employer failing to provide the correct, adequate, or any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while at work.

 PEP is basically any form of equipment or clothing that is required to make your job safe and can consist of:

  • protective or soluble-resistant gloves
  • breathing masks
  • steel toe capped boots
  • hard hats
  • goggles and other forms of eye protection
  • Kevlar coated clothing
If you have sustained an injury as a result of faulty/inappropriate or lack of PEP then you contact us now and get your claim started:
  • call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
  • email:
  • pop your details in the box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you soon

Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis. This means that if your claim fails you won’t pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.

PPE: the law and you

The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 stipulates that your employer must provide the right equipment for the job you are required to do. They are to do this by assessing all tasks that are required to be carried out and then making sure that steps are taken and equipment provided that is suitable and appropriate so as to minimise the risk of injury as a result of carrying out the task.

In addition, they must also ensure that such equipment is properly maintained and serviced, and stored. They also have to make sure that you are given adequate training in the use of any equipment that they provide.

Failure to comply with the PPE regulations can lead to serious injury and loss; regardless of the type and severity of the injury, your employers are liable if you are injured as a result of that failure to comply.

What can you claim for an injury claim due to lack of PPE?

Cohen Cramer are experts at dealing with such matters and can help you claim compensation for both your injuries and financial losses:

Compensation for your injuries is known as General Damages. This is based upon the extent of the injuries and their effects and impact on you and your life

Compensation for your financial losses is known as Special Damages and includes:

  • loss of income as a result of injury, treatment, and recovery
  • cost of any treatment required such as physiotherapy, prescription costs, etc
  • equipment required for treatment, mobility if your injury is severe or debilitating
  • professional care costs if required
  • gratuitous care from family and friends in relation to helping with dressing, personal hygiene, etc
  • any possible future prejudice on the job market as a result of your injuries(known as a Smith v Manchester claim)
  • any and all other financial losses such as lost pension etc.
 To get your claim started: 
  • call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
  • email:
  • pop your details in the box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you soon